Re: Snapshots in 8.1.7

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2002 10:34:04 -0800

You can try to prove one way or the other by doing this:

B4 materialized view creation, from sys acount save a copy of dba_objects.

And then, from a user account, do this step by step

1. Create a materialized view with primary key, save dba_objects.
2. Create a materialized view with ROWID, save dba_objects.
3. Create a materialized view log, save dba_objects.
4. Create a nested materialized view, save dba_objects.
and, if you want
5. Set up the whole replication environment with materialized view, and save dba_objects for each step along the way.

You then compare the dba_objects from each step with the original dba_objects. And yes, the results may differ for diferent versions ORACLE.

  • Jusung Yang