Re: 9i & 9iAS & 9iDS

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 20:52:49 GMT

"Andrew YU" <andrewyu_at_netvigator.com> wrote in news:apuj08$vq1_at_imsp212.netvigator.com:

> Can I install Oracle 9i Database, Oracle 9i Application Server and
> Oracle 9i Developer Suite into one Windows XP/2000 ? Do I need to
> create one home for each installation ?
>
> Andrew

Yes, you can.
Yes, separate "home" directory trees.
Actually 9iAS R2 requires at least two separate home trees for itself.

However, I do not expect that you will enjoy the experience; especially being on a Windows box.

Exactly how do you plan on controlling the value of "ORACLE_HOME" so that it will be set correctly for each of the different products?

P.S.
In the future do NOT post using HTML! Received on Sat Nov 02 2002 - 21:52:49 CET

Original text of this message