Forms Designer Newbie Problem

From: Russell Wolfe <wolfer_at_peak.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:15:26 -0700

I've worked with Oracle a lot, but this is my first effort at the newest stuff.

I've installed Oracle 9i database and the 9iDS development tools. I can run the Forms Designer and connect to my database (good old emp and dept). I've built a data block on the emp table using the wizard. I have OC4J running. When I attempt to run the form, the Oracle Forms Services fires up, and displays an error message box:

FRM-90928 Positional parameter after key on command line.

I've attempted to use the debugger to look at the command line, but it shows me nothing. I've been through the documentation, but I'm not finding anything. I need help.

What else must I do to get a simple form to run?

Why do I need OC4J and forms services anyway? The wizard just connects to my local database. What must I do to just run the form against my local database?

Thanks for any help.

rww

Russ Wolfe
wolfer_at_peak.org Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 01:15:26 CEST

Original text of this message