shared memory realm does not exist / ORADIM

From: Manoj G. Kithany <manojkithany_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 16:07:58 -0700

Hi Experts:

I am using Oracle 9 on Unix platform and have following questions: 1)When I try to exeute/start my SQLPLUS it shows following errors:

./sqlplus
Enter user-name: system
Enter password:larryellison

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2: No such file or directory

2) In Windows platform we have ORADIM utility to create Oracle Instance - but what is this utility in Unix versions...?

Can anyone of your Experts give me above information....?

THANKS! Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 01:07:58 CEST

Original text of this message