Re: LARGE_POOL_SIZE and SHARED_POOL_SIZE

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 12:12:53 -0700

Marcelo Muzilli <marcelo.muzilli_at_edb.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:<3DB453AF.4ADF5496_at_edb.ericsson.se>...
> Hi Oraclers,
>
> please, I would like to know what is the difference between
> LARGE_POOL_SIZE and SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameters?
>
> What is the most important parameter that implies in the execution of a
> program and in the memory from my machine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo Muzilli

Shared_pool_size is the most critical as this sizes the dictionary areas, the pl/sql code areas and the shared SQL code areas. Large_pool_size only becomes important if you are using MTS, Parallel Query or RMAN. There is a monograph on monitoring and tuning the shared pool which covers all of this in detail in the catalog at www.robonerd.com.

Mike Ault Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 21:12:53 CEST

Original text of this message