Re: Please help with oracle installation!!!

From: Tom Swier <tswier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2002 07:06:26 -0700

alsaleha_at_hotmail.com (adim) wrote in message news:<a8711ac2.0209290642.1077cb99_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> Can someone help me with this please. What is the best way to install
> oracle8i and developer6/6i? Is it correct to insatll them on separate
> drives or same drive but different directory??
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
> adem

You haven't said what you intend to use it for. If you intend to use it for study and to familiarize yourself with these products, they can be installed on the same drive with no problems. Install Developer 6i first and then 8i. It will give you some options about using another Oracle home but other than that, the installation should be relatively simple. I don't know that I would do a production installation like that but since I haven't personally done a production installation like that (just installations for my own use), my opinion is just that -- an opinion.

Tom Swier

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. -- Mark Twain Received on Mon Sep 30 2002 - 16:06:26 CEST

Original text of this message