Re: How many concurrent insert Oracle can take per second?

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 04:05:26 -0700

sohelcsc_at_yahoo.com (Leader) wrote in message news:<b1a93c73.0209242203.284e5fd9_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> i want to know, How many rows concurrently we can insert per second in Oracle table?

Well, on the TPC-C benhmarks, you could get ~75,000 transactions per second. Of course, that's on a really tricked out server with, I would assume, some pretty heavily optimized code. Your mileage will certainly vary.

Realistically, you'll have to benchmark it. It will depend a *lot* on things like the hardware you've got, the size of the rows, the number of indexed columns, the number of rows you're inserting in a single transaction, the code you're using to insert them, etc.

Justin Cave Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 13:05:26 CEST

Original text of this message