Re: Looking for Opinions on Toad and Pl/Sql Developer

From: Ognjen Antonic <ognjen.antonic_at_ogo.homeip.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:36:38 +0200

Hello folks!

I recommend you to download the products (trial) and test them out. Then vote with your wallet.
On Quest's webserver you can find two of the most used SQL Tools for Oracle - TOAD and SQL Navigator.
http://www.quest.com
There you can also find other Oracle and non Oracle related management tools.

If you have Linux, you can use Tora, which is free and is similiar to both TOAD and SQL Navigator. There is also a Windows version of Tora, but I think it is not free for commercial use.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tora

Another usefull and perfectly free tool written in Java, which is working with all the databases for which there is available JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) driver, is DBVisualizer. I used it with Informix, IBM DB2, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/

Best regards,

Ognjen Antonic - Ogo