IIS and ORA-12638

From: Robert Rubin <rubin.dont_at_istation.spam.me.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:16:04 GMT

I have a DLL that accesses an Oracle database (8.1.7) on its backend via Pro*C. The DLL provides application logic to an ASP application under IIS.

Everything works fine as I develop on my WinXP box. But when I move the IIS app to the same box that is also running the database, I get "ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed" when the DLL attempts to attach to the database. I think it's because the server is also a domain controller.

If I remove NTS from SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES in sqlnet.ora, it works.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

    -Robert Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 18:16:04 CEST

Original text of this message