Re: TNS Protocol packet format

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2002 13:24:05 -0700

In article <a20d28ee.0209092320.74b0d1e_at_posting.google.com>, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl says...

>pchandersekhar_at_yantra.com (Pramod) wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Can someone tell me where to find the TNS protocol packet format. I
>> am trying to decode the oracle TNS packets but have not been able to
>> locate the spec for it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pramod.
>

>I believe it is on Metalink, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is
>propietary and IIRC reverse engineering is expressly forbidden in your
>license.
>So question is what you are up to.
>
>Regards
>
>Sybrand Bakker
>Senior Oracle DBA
Yes. It is proprietary. I would be very surprised to find it on Metalink.

                                       Rick

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.