Re: Package Invalid Error

From: emerald <emerald_at_net.hr>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 22:34:44 +0200

Paul Mettille <pmettille_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3a44ce3b.0209061257.38f651b0_at_posting.google.com...
> What sort of things can cause a formerly working PL/SQL Package to go
> INVALID?
>
> I have a package that I created that seems to work for an unspecified
> period of time and at some point becomes invalid.
>
> Are there any good techniques for tracking down the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

If you alter any table that your package is using, package becomes invalid. Actually, each object has a list of objects on which it depends (you can see it in Enterprize manager console, by right-clicking the object, and then select 'show dependencies). If any object on which your package depends is changed, package becomes invalid. But don't worry, when you call some procedure from the package Oracle will try to compile it, and if it's valid, it will be executed. If not, you'll get an error. Received on Sat Sep 07 2002 - 22:34:44 CEST

Original text of this message