Re: Materialized Views

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2002 03:18:24 -0700

Actually the object should be I_SNAP$_<MVName>. This is NOT the MV log. It is an unique index created by ORACLE when you create you MV with "ROWID". Specifying the tablespace for the index is easy, simply use the "using index" clause in your MV creation SQL. You can also specify storage clause if you wish.

The tricky part is the partitioning. According to ORACLE, you can simply drop this index and replace it with a partitioned one. The process is not very clear, to me, however. And I am not at all convinced that it is a good idea. I would think that since ORACLE uses the index internally to refresh MV, the partitioning of the index, if it is indeed beneficial to do so, should also be done internally.