Re: Generic Connectivity

From: Alex <azp74_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2002 00:49:28 -0700

Apparently (according to the Heterogeneous Connectivity forum moderator on OTN) generic connectivity is not available on linux - only NT, Solaris, HP and AIX.

I'm putting this up because I couldn't find any reference to platform support or lack of in the Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide - it just refers to UNIX or NT.

Perhaps Oracle could consider putting something in to the above document (perhaps a final section in the introduction?) because if this limitation is included in some documentation it's a bit hard to find! Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 09:49:28 CEST

Original text of this message