Re: Indexing a view

From: Rene S. Nielsen <renesn_at_image.dk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:13:36 +0200

No you can't make a index on a view, but you can do two other things, depending on what version of the database you are using.

First, this can be done on any database. Make a really god index on you table this way, the view should be faster.

The second one i the best, but it requires a newer version, I believe you need at least 8.1.6.0.0.
Instead of creating a view, create a materialized view. It's like a table, so you can make indexes on them, but you need to specify who to update the MW since it's not exatly like a view.

If you need more help, I will see if I can find some more info on MW fore you.

Regards
  Rene S. Nielsen