Fragmentation

From: Vissu <vissuyk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 20:09:35 -0700

Hi All,

I am creating a new database. I have run a trial export and import from old to new. To determine the fragmentation, I did

select T.tablespace_name tname, sum(F.bytes)/1024 total, sum(T.bytes)/1024 available,
count(F.bytes) numfragments,
max(F.bytes)/1024 largest_fragment
from
dba_free_space T,
dba_data_files F
where T.tablespace_name=F.tablespace_name group by T.tablespace_name, T.bytes;

The above query showed results as below (only few rows shown)

SYSETM 512000 330688 1 512000
RBSTBS3 3891200 3374080 1 3891200
MAINDATA_TBS5 409600 64 1 409600 Does this mean I already have fragmentation ? I am going to truncate the tables before I re-import the data. Should I worry about this ?

Thanks for any advice

Vissu Received on Fri Aug 16 2002 - 05:09:35 CEST

Original text of this message