Advanced Queuing: Messages not deleted until...

From: Michael <tenmuc_at_onlinehome.de>
Date: 9 Aug 2002 07:30:05 -0700

Hi oracle cracks,

I created a message queue in Oracle 8.1.7 and two users, one who can enqueue massages, one who dequeues them. I also wrote a procedure to send the messages.

I enqueue the messages in SQL Plus by calling the procedure, I read them in a VB application with oo4o MonitorStart. All the messages are shown. All this works fine, BUT:

As long as the SQL Plus is runnning, the messages in the queue are not deleted and read again and again when I restart the monitor. If I disconnect the enqueuing user and close SQL Plus the read messages are 'deleted' as predicted with state=3.

Same behaviour if I write a table trigger sending messages. Updateing the table in MS Access (linked table) does send messages, but the messages are marked read only if I close Access.

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance
Mike Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 16:30:05 CEST

Original text of this message