Re: Login in.......

From: Iker <iker_at_miramon.net>
Date: 7 Aug 2002 07:02:12 -0700

"Geno" <geneway_at_coastalnow.net> wrote in message news:<aii3r001pf_at_enews3.newsguy.com>...
> I am having trouble setting up my oracle 9i personal edition database.
> I am tring to get into the enterprise manager of the database that I
> created. I get prompted for username and password. I put them in and I get
> an error:
> ORA-12541: TNS: No Listener.
> What do I do at this point?
 Hi Geno,

 That may be because of the inconsistent TNS adapter you pass. On the same SQL/Plus textbox where you fill in user and password, what value fo you fill in for connection value? it should be "host:1521:SID", where 1521 is the port by the one the client connects against DB, and SID is the Identificator name for the DB.

 I hope it will help you!

 yours sincerelly, Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 16:02:12 CEST

Original text of this message