Re: Help with query performance

From: kopek <matezuka_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 16:01:43 -0700

> This query returns 500,000 but I limited the return with a rownum
> weher clause on the outside.
Hmm...that's a lot of rows. I am beginning to think 3 minutes is not that bad. A full table scan may actually be more appropriate. But how many rows you have in the table? Not sure what you meant by "on the outside". Best that you post the whole SQL. Did you mean

select * from (your posted SQL) where rownum < .... ?

> What is a FTS? How can I change the sort_area_size ?

FTS just menas Full Table Scan. You change sort_area_size from the init file or use alter session command from SQL*PLUS.

  • K.M.