Re: Installing 9i in Linux - hangs!

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:13:49 +0200

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 04:20:18 +0200, Terence Parker wrote:

> Anyone successfully managed to get Oracle9i to install in Linux without
> hanging the machine? I've attempted to install it on my RH 7.2 system,
> in Gnome, but the installation keeps hanging at an arbitrary point. I've
> never come across a piece of software as troublesome as this before!!
>
> Anything I should be specifically doing before/during installation to
> stop the hanging? Or is my machine actually processing and not hung?
> (Though it can't even be pinged anymore!) . It's an Athlon XP 1800 so I
> wouldn't have thought it can be THAT slow.
>
> Thanks
>
> Terence Parker.

It is not certified on your platform, but I think it should work.

I have installed 9i on SuSE 7.3 and 8.0 and RH Adv. Server.

You do HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RELEASE NOTES/INSTALL GUIDE to the letter, though. Don't skip over setting kernel parameters.

Never used Gnome for the install, though.

--
Cheers,

dmz17