Re: Schema case sensitive in Oracle?

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2002 15:58:03 -0700

Apparently you can. But it is a bad, bad idea to do so. If you put the user name in double quotes you can create many, not just 2, users of the same name with different mixture of upper/lower cased letters. For example, "Mary", "mary", "MARY". As far as I know, all ORACLE identifiers bahave this way. With tables, you will have to use the double quotes to reference the them correctly in all your codes. It will get vey nasty. With users, it can only be worse, I imagine.