Data Archiving..

From: Sathya Nag <sathya.nag_at_wipro.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 05:39:57 -0700

I am looking at various Data Archiving solutions. We use Oracle 9i Database running on HP-Unix. The solution has to address Data Archival needs such that the application should automatically archive data and restore it whenever necessary . In general, the applications will contain 3 years worth of archive data on-line. Thereafter data has to be archived. The user should be unaware of the location of the required data, whenever he queries for the same, through
online screens.

Any one out there can suggest any white papers explaining the different data archival methodologies..??? Is it better to go in for tools or is it better to adopt a adhoc strategy..??? Any info would be welcome..!!!! Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 14:39:57 CEST

Original text of this message