ORA-04030 out of process memory

From: dicky <dickymok_at_esdlife.com.hk>
Date: 22 Jul 2002 21:31:17 -0700

Hi there,

Recently my Oracle box is encoutering ORA-04030 oracle error while creating a small-size table without any bolb field (as select statment) or open a cursors using MTS connection; however, the problem dose not occur if the connection is using "DEDICATE" rather than "SHARE". The box was up and running more 50 days without any glitch. But now (80+ days) I have to run these manipulations on another Oracle box, which seriously affect the overall system performance. Because the box is on production, I can't just restart it without any supportive reason. Any idea would be greatly helpful.

Below are the MTS and memory parameters of that box: MTS
===

mts_max_dispatchers                  integer 200
mts_max_servers                      integer 500
mts_multiple_listeners               boolean FALSE
mts_servers                          integer 100
mts_sessions                         integer 4995

MEMORY

db_block_buffers                     integer 20480
log_buffer                           integer 10485760
java_pool_size                       string  32768
large_pool_size                      string  400M
shared_pool_reserved_size            string  10M
shared_pool_size                     string  200M

Total System Global Area  873509288 bytes
Fixed Size                    94632 bytes
Variable Size             695140352 bytes
Database Buffers          167772160 bytes
Redo Buffers               10502144 bytes

After reviewing the performance log, I couldn't figure out any contention in the OS/Oracle point of view. No excessive swapping, no execssive disk activity, no any bdump/udump trace log ... Only thing I would say is the buffer cache hit ratio is gradually dropping from 91.2(Day One) to 86.56(Now).

Please help me to tackle this problem. Thanks in advance.

Dicky Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 06:31:17 CEST

Original text of this message