help automating oracle table fill from flatfile

From: chowder <afpca_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2002 21:44:38 -0700

Hi,
Currently I use a telnet session to execute an upload of data from a flatfile to an oracle table, using the following entries:
>"[profilename].cmd" this prompts me for a password, so my next entry is:
>"[password]"

That's it.

The .cmd file, when viewed in notepad looks like: set ORACLE_SID=[blah]
sqlldr control=[profilename].ctl log=[profilename].log userid=[blahblah] DIRECT=true data=[flatfilename]

The .ctl file referenced above, when viewed in notepad looks like: unrecoverable
load data
truncate into table [tablename]
trailing nullcols
(

[fieldname1]        position(1:11),
[fieldname2]        position(12:13),
[fieldname10]       position(83:88)

)

What I'm hoping for is guidance as to how I can: a) automate this telnet session (connect, logon, commandline, password)
b) avoid telnet entirely and run in VB code

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 06:44:38 CEST

Original text of this message