Newbie help

From: David Brien <dbrien_at_nycboe.net>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 08:57:33 -0700

I'm a SQL Server guy trying to learn Oracle. I've used it for a long time but never really developed with it. Can anyone answer these simple questions?

  1. What is the difference between an Oracle Stored Procedure and Function?
  2. How do you obtain a result set from an Oracle Stored Procedure
  3. When is it appropriate to have a having caluse in a SQL statement?
  4. Can you have both a where and having clause in one sql statement?
  5. Why would you do this?
  6. How many times is the inner query of a corelated sub query executed
  7. How do you create a temporary table in Oracle
  8. How would you obtain column names and definitions in oracle
  9. How can you tell the last time a table has been analysed

Thanks,

Daniel Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 17:57:33 CEST

Original text of this message