Re: Inner join ?

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2002 03:15:29 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D21C608.E56B9D95_at_exesolutions.com>... <snip>

> With respect to speed:
> Have you run DBMS_STATS so the optimizer knows what it is doing?
> Have you run EXPLAIN PLAN on your DML?
> Have you built the proper indexes?
>
> I suspect not because I am still at a loss to figure out how you could have been
> hired to do a job for which you are so obviously unqualified. I've no doubt
> thousands of people would like to know the secret of how to get hired for an
> Oracle job when you are qualified and here you somehow slipped under the radar
> screen. Amazing.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Daniel,

Come on now, that's a little harsh. You must have come across situations where there's no expertise in a particular technical area, so management say to the first person they see - "You're in IT, you sort this out."

I doubt very much if Jurriaan was hired as an Oracle developer - the question should be more directed at the management - "How can you possibly expect anything vaguely reasonable performance if you don't have the people with the appropriate knowledge?"

In this sort of situation, performance is often horrendous and Oracle gets unfairly tarnished as being a poor-performing database. At least Jurriaan had the nous to come looking for help in this ng.

CE Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 12:15:29 CEST

Original text of this message