Forms 6i / Oracle 9i/ Windows 2000 - Please help.

From: Christine <cfvigil_at_cs.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2002 11:33:57 -0700

I have a few questions regarding the order in which Oracle 9i client version and Forms 6i needs to be installed on my computer. 1.)We do have a server set up, but I really don't think that the AS software has been installed for forms 6i on it. Does that matter? 2.) Which comes first - 9i or 6i in the installation process. I have read conflicting reports everywhere I look. I need to be sure because I am going to install the same thing at home. 3.) When it comes to the Listener, tnsnames, and SQLnet '.ora' files - are they all supposed to be the same. (I have set up 6i and 9i in two separate homes. - there is not a listener file in 6i.) 4.) I have worked through the above files and have gotten it to the point that I can sort of almost get through using PL/SQL on the 6i side. I log in, and then it says that it is successfully connected, and then I get the PLUS80W.exe errors box, and it kicks me out. I can log into the 9i side without any problems. I have not been able to find the error logs on my box, and I also cannot find the LSNRCTL command in the oracle/bin files to see if that is actually the problem.
I hope this is not too many things at once, and well I hope that it makes sense. (I am new to this part of Oracle - I usually just do app development, not installation and configuration.) I hope that I can get some help. I have read the installation manual, the net8 config tool does not work for 6i (more errors) and have searched the newsgroups, and this has gotten me this far.....

TIA, Christine Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 20:33:57 CEST

Original text of this message