Unexpected Oracle disconnects when connecting from Metaframe clients

From: Michael Marshall <MplsCpl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 09:12:15 -0700

  • Oracle 8.1.7 Server (Unix)
  • Windows 2000 Terminal Server w/Metaframe
    • IBM Dual Processor Zeon 750 Mhz
    • Oracle 8.1.7 client
    • 15-20 users under maximum load conditions
  • Win98 Metaframe clients using our application as a published app

Our interaction with oracle is done directly through the OCI API.

We're having strange problems with our Oracle application when run from Citrix Metaframe clients. At seemingly random times, but more often when 2 or more people are connected via Metaframe sessions, we get explicit database disconnect messages in our application. This is happening even during the simplest of SELECT statements. The errors are similar to errors I have seen when a client application is connected and someone restarts the Oracle listener. The problem is the database is always up when these errors occur. I've seen references to similar problems in the archives but no solutions. Has anyone else ever experiences this and rooted out the issue?

Help appreciated,
Mike Marshall Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 18:12:15 CEST

Original text of this message