Slow refreshing refresh groups

From: C.Noel <cnoel_at_decan.fr>
Date: 10 Jun 2002 07:53:23 -0700

Hello all!
We are using Oracle 8.1.7
We have four tables (1 000 to 75 000 records), and four snapshots based upon these tables.
We need about 1 minute to refresh the four snapshots individually (Using dbms_snapshot.refresh).
We put these four snasphots in a refresh group to keep data integrity, but now we need about 4 minutes to refresh the group (Using dbms_refresh.refresh).

The rollback segment we use seems to be large enough (300 Mo) and the PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS equals 15.

Why is the refresh of the group so slow ? Is it normal, due to the checking of the constraints ? How could we speed it up ?

Could someone give us some advice, please ? Thanks.

C.Noel Received on Mon Jun 10 2002 - 16:53:23 CEST

Original text of this message