Re: 5 year plan advice

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:04:39 GMT

Jason,

The O'Reilly books are well-regarded. I have the "Oracle PL/SQL Programming" book by Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl. I recommend ordering the Oracle 9i Release 2 CDs for $40 from the Oracle store so that you have something to work with for learning/testing purposes.

I have a comprehensive set of database install, build, backup, recovery and documentation files on my web site which you might find helpful. These would give you an idea of what is involved with setting up and maintaining production databases:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_files_win90 1.html

There is also a demo of the application which produces these files: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson