Re: Need feedback on experience with Oracle 9i [9.0.1] and replication (basic or advanced)

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 22:30:34 +0200

Pradeep wrote:

> I am looking for your experience with Oracle 9i and replication. We
> are thinking about using it and wanted to make sure that the new
> release has no issues with it.
>
> You can e-mail me (chetal_at_ipunity.com) and I will summarize it to the
> list later.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Pradeep

Don't crosspost.

Every release has it's issues - just finished off a fairly complex environment with 8.1.7.3 but managed to code around the issues.
One of the major drawbacks is the fact that update snapshot site/ delete master site scenario's will always fail. Site priority does not work as advertised.

What is the purpose of this all?

Maybe a hint, a shed of light of what your are actually want

to do? Master/Master, Snapshot/Master or Procedural replication, Synchronous or Asyncronous, scheduled or on demand, ...?

Frank Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 22:30:34 CEST

Original text of this message