Problems with Oracle/ASP/VBScript

From: Sissel B. Børøsund <sisselb_at_tihlde.org>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 00:01:35 -0700

Hey

I'm in need for some help here, so I hope som of you clever heads could give me some tips :)

I'm using oracle8 as my database, and presently I'm writing a small ASP-app to adminstrate some small tables in it.
For connection I use oracle odbc driver. (Have also tried to use OLE, but that didn't make any difference.) Scripting language is VBScript, and I use ADO to get info into and out of my database.

Insert/Update works quite well, but I have problems with a certain type of field when I want to retrieve information (through select)

The problem is fields of the type "number(length, precision)" When I get them into my ASP-app, I loose the precision... I.e - all decimal digits vanish.

As far as I can see, the database use ',' as the mark between the int-value and the decimals. May this be the issue here? -That ASP thinks that ',' is a delimiter between _different_ values, instead of a part of a double value? If so - is there any way I can make a work-around?

I have tried to format the field in my select-statement (to_char), but then I just ended up with _no_ output at all... I have also tried to convert the Recordset to a string and write this, but still I only see the Int-part of my values.

Anyone out there with clever ideas of what to do?

plz help...

Regards,
Sissel B. Børøsund Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 09:01:35 CEST

Original text of this message