OO4O reversing user/pwd with TNSName! (was Re: VB6 and Oracle Objects for OLE problem (TNS could not resolve))

From: Johnny Rollerfeet <jr_at_rollerfeet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:34:13 GMT

I ran an Oracle trace on my VB app (that is using Oracle Objects for OLE - OO4O) and found the following:

  nnfotran: tnsnames.ora entry for name "scott/tiger.domain.com" not found*

When I run this app on my development system, it runs fine and uses the correct name. The trace on the development side prooves this. However on my production machine (running the exact same application), the settings appear to be getting switched.

Anyone come across this before?

  • names have been changed to protect the innocent