Help! Slow running database in 8.1.7

From: Tobie Berthon <tberthon_at_adapsys.ca>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 06:01:15 -0700

Hi,

       We recently installed Oracle 8.1.7 and have upgraded 3 of the 9 instances that run on the machine from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7. We are running AIX version 4.3.3 and have 1G of Ram and 1G swap space available on the machine. All OS patches were installed before the new version of Oracle. The problem is that when we run a series of batch jobs, the run times get slower and slower until the machine just freezes up solid. This happens at least once every 24 hours. Has anyone had this experience? Does anyone have any solutions or ideas. We are at the end of our rope here. Thanks Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 15:01:15 CEST

Original text of this message