Re: Line Length on Import Log File

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:24:39 +0200

> Using the following parm file:
>
> FILE=c:\client.dmp
> FULL=Y
> SHOW=Y
> LOG=c:\client.dmp.log
>
> the line length in the DOS window is 80 bytes, and the resulting line
> length in the log file is 80 also.
>
> I'd like to get the log file to show each line in the import file in
> full, without breaking into multiple lines. For example, a CREATE TABLE
> statement that is over 80
> bytes will be broken into multiple lines, each one starting and ending
> with double quotes (").
>
> I've played with the properties of the DOS window, but this has no
> effect.

It is not DOS which is putting the double quotes there, it is IMP. If you have a look in your dump file you'll see that Oracle puts every name (table, index, user, etc.) in double quotes. I think it is not possible to get rid off it. What you can do is using a filter. This could be a little script (e.g. written in Perl) which formats the output the way you like.

Regards,

Knut Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:24:39 CEST

Original text of this message