Re: Oracle 9i Sun 2.6 & 2.7

From: Mark B. Wallace <no.spam_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:53:21 GMT

Francis Lombardi wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am Oracle stand in DBA who is asked to install an Oracle Install on
> a Sun 2.7 server. I only have the CD of 9i for 2.6 can I use this or
> Oracle not like as files different or are they the same mostly so I
> can use.
>
> Please help. I much appreciate in advance.
>
> Francis

It's actually Oracle9i for Solaris 2.6 and later. In other words, 2.6 is the minimum supported Solaris level. 2.7 or 2.8 will work just fine. If you haven't installed Oracle on Unix (e.g., Solaris) before, be warned that it is nothing like installing it on Windows. Unix is much more difficult.

Good luck,

Mark Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 19:53:21 CEST

Original text of this message