Re: Oracle 8 v. Oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2 Apr 2002 03:02:05 -0800

"Hugh Doctorman" <hugh.doctorman_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:<3Scq8.7438$QF2.124078_at_news1.east.cox.net>...
> Would the Wrox book "VB Oracle 8" be useful as a learning
> tool/guide/reference if one is using Oracle 9i (instead of Oracle 8). Are
> Oracle 8 and Oracle 9i even similar products? Do they have any major points
> of departure. Questions this simplistic are almost embarrassing to ask, but
> any response(s) would be appreciated.
>
> Hugh Doctorman

Unlike most Microsoft products Oracle doesn't fundamentally change from one release to another. Hence it is almost always fully downwards compatible with at leaste the previous release. I would expect this applies not only to Oracle 9i versus Oracle 8i but also to Oracle 9i versus Oracle 8

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 13:02:05 CEST

Original text of this message