Re: SEQUENCE tracking

From: Eran Dvey-Aharon <eran_at_prosight.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2002 05:55:49 -0800

Thanks Jim, but I can't use AQ, because I want to broadcast messages. When a 'writer' thread writes a message, I want all 'readers' to read it.
I will implement a cleanup once in a while - that is not the problem.

The problem is that the 'readers' want to know what the've read, and what they haven't.
I could do it by locking the table, write (a short) message, and then
unlock, but then it is outside my main transaction, and this is very dangerous.

Eran