Automating Crystal report execution from Database.

From: Nisch <oranisch_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2002 23:01:48 -0800

Dear DBA's,

           I need your advice on a new requirement that we are having.

           Our application is developed using Centura and the backend is Oracle running different versions in different client locations. The requirement is calling crystal reports(automatically) at a specified database event(insert/update event) of a specific table. Has anyone using this type of functionality ? Or is this done using a client application(a demon process) querying the database in intervals and firing the report when the update/insert event occurs(using another object to track the change)? Can the Gurus give some advice, all the inputs will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
 Nisch

PS: Kindly email a copy at this mailid as well. Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 08:01:48 CET

Original text of this message