Input Japanese characters from the browser into Oracle 8

From: Anil Raj <anil.raj_at_csam.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 23:54:07 -0800

Hi Gurus out there.....
Need some help....

Following is the machine configuration

Client:-
Windows NT 4.0 English (with IME Japanese language pack) Sql Client
IE 5.0

Server:-
Windows NT 4.0 Japanese
Oracle 8.0.4 (Character set is JA16SJIS)

Web Server:-
Windows NT 4.0 (English)
IIS server

One of my developers is trying to input data (japanese characters) from Internet explorer. The data which he enters is stored as JUNK characters in the database. The database supports Japanese characters since we could enter Japanese characters into the tables from the server and from a japanese SQL client.
Note: We are not able to enter japanese characters or see japanese characters from and English SQL client having Japanese language pack IME.... Need some ideas as to where to look for problem....

Thanks and Regds,
Anil Raj Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 08:54:07 CET

Original text of this message