Java Exceptions when starting a database instance?

From: Kyrre Chen <c3mail_at_263.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2002 22:30:04 -0800

Hi,all:

My system is Redhat Linux7.2, oracle8.1.7 When I want to connect to my "test" database and use system/manager in dbastudio, it tell me that the database is currently down, so I connect as SYSDBA.

when I try to open the database, the Starting up database ... appear and it stop at the "Starting up the database" item.

Meanwhile,the error message output to console:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.sysman.vtx.VtxProgressDialog.finished(VtxProgressDialog.java:1277)
at oracle.sysman.vtx.VtxProgressDialog.run(VtxProgressDialog.java:448)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

How can I resolve this problem?

//thanks.

Kyrre. Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 07:30:04 CET

Original text of this message