How Can I know that a parameter is missing inside a PL/SQL procedure or function?

From: Dong <dong.wang_at_core.ca>
Date: 12 Feb 2002 08:48:16 -0800

Hello everybody,

Happy Chinese New year! (The year of horse)

Right now I'm in the following situation and got lost:

create or replace procedure PROC(

               c1 number default 0,
               c2 number default 0,
               c3 number default 0) is

begin

end;
/

Then I can call PROC by some different ways:

(1) SQL> EXEC PROC(0, 0, 3)
(2) SQL> EXEC PROC(c3 => 3)

My question is, how can I know that there are 2 parameters (c1, c2) missing in (2) and the 0s actually come from their default values? As far as I knnow, there is no difference between (1) and (2) if we check the parameters from within the procedure PROC.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to change the list of formal parameters, use any indicator variables or define any particular default values.

Any help would be extremely appreciated :)

Regards,
Dong Received on Tue Feb 12 2002 - 17:48:16 CET

Original text of this message