Re: Insufficient privileges error

From: Dan Barr <dan.barr_at_compuware.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:59:26 -0500

Joe,

Yes, I've recently battled this. Basically, privileges need to be directly granted to be useful by PL/SQL. This is even true in the case where you use AUTHID syntax available in 8i and above. Also, this applies when you construct dynamic SQL or PL/SQL via DBMS_SQL.

Regards,
-Dan
http://www.compuware.com/products/numega/dbpartner/dbpordebug.htm Debug PL/SQL and Java in the Oracle Database