major speed issue since upgrade from 7-8

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 5 Feb 2002 10:49:11 -0800

We have recently moved all of our procobol with oracle 7 applications to procobol with oracle 8. We are experienceing some speed issues which are hindering our clients work. I have a couple of questions which may or may not be the cause of the issue.

  1. in our 2.5 forms it seems to be adding whitespaces to the text fields for which before it was not before.
  2. which is better substr() or trim() to get the string data out (substr() through a large number of the sql in the cobol apps)
  3. Any differences in how indexes work in oracle 8 compared to 7. Any problems in their conversion as well.

Adam Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 19:49:11 CET

Original text of this message