Re: Trigger on commit

From: Steve M <steve.mcdaniels_at_vuinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:21:17 -0800

triggers only fire on INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE. If you cannot use one of these, say UPDATE, then the trigger cannot help you.

Any insert into another table (by the trigger) automatically becomes part of the "transaction" and it too will be COMITTED subsequent to any comit done as part of the transaction.

What you've described here seems somewhat awkward.