oracle row compare question

From: David Howland <dhowland123_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:47:28 GMT

Hi All:
I have a question that I hope somone could help me with. If I have a column declared as a 'long' (lets call it call 'stmnt') that has thousands of rows, how can I compare them to one another. Each row would have a unique 'id', and that would allow me to differentiate them. In short the end goal is to compare the each of the rows to another, and return a count of the number of times a row appears if more than once, along with that count. I could try and figure it out in SQL, it probably would not be that hard, but I can't seem to do *anything* with a long.

Any thoughts on how, and the best way to do this? Thanks, Dave

dhowland1233_at_comcast.net Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 17:47:28 CET

Original text of this message