Re: Oracle Backup Recovery and Roles Questions ?

From: Nathan Carney <ncarney_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:23:28 +0000 (UTC)

Tapas

It looks as if the database is not in Archive log mode or the archive logs are not going into the directory you expect. RMAN does not backup online redo logs only archived redo logs. You can only do complete recovery if the required archive redo logs are available.
Have you backed up the Archive redo logs? If so can you recover them? As far as I am aware RMAN will control doing the archive log all commands as part of an archive log backup.

For the roles question. There is an init parameter that sets the prefix for OS role authentication - OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX usually this is set to OPS$. Therefore when you create an OS authenticated user the Oracle username is prefixed with OPS$. The oracle user also has to identified externally.

Hope this is a start

Nathan