Newbie with LDAP/security/cybersafe question(s)

From: John D. <j_dionne_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 13:16:03 -0800

I am in the process of determining which method I should use for security on a 9i database, LDAP or CyberSafe. From what I know I believe CyberSafe is no longer a company, and that LDAP is a very good method of security and very powerful because of SSL.

If I use the Login assistant and security manager, can I integrate ODBC connections to use the key created so that I can write Powerbuilder apps without using uid and pwd's, by somehow seeing that we are already connected and authenticated, without using GSSAPI? Or with ODBC do I ALWAYS have to specify a uid and pwd in the connection string?

Thanks,
John Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 22:16:03 CET

Original text of this message