OCI.. insert then retrieve

From: NoNice Guy <harry_p_hood_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:41:13 -0600

Hey there! I am writing an OCI program that writes something into a table, then reads the table. What I am having problems with is reading what was just wrote into the table. Basically here is what I am doing...

-ititialize OCI
-set up environmental, error, service handle (1 of each)
-log on to server
-allocate, prepare, execute, then free insert statement handle (you don't
need to bind variables for static inputs)
-allocate and prepare select statement handles
-setup bind variables
-execute and free select statement handles
-display what was selected
-free the rest of handles
-log off

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance! Jon Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 23:41:13 CET

Original text of this message