Re: BLOBS sizes.

From: Yaw <yawi_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:23:29 GMT

Sorry, just to elaborate a little on Q1,

> 1. I was wondering what how do you calculate the column size Oracle8i (or
> any other version) allocates to something such as a 1MB BLOB (to add a
> picture)

For example a column is about 7bytes, ... so I was wondering how much is it for a 1MB BLOB, what is the overhead in space involved?

I guess I could just say that a 1MB BLOB would take 1024KB ... but if anyone knows what the overhead is it's much appreciated.

The reason I'm doing this is that I'm attempting to estimate the size of a database.

Yaw. Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 13:23:29 CET

Original text of this message