Re: SQL*Loader: Field termination

From: Henry Hayden <gumzilla_at_voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:00:18 GMT

Could you be a little more specific about the problems caused by the "." on the end of the timestamp field?
In the control file, are you using the parameter OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY in the control file? What is the data type of the timestamp field? It seems to me that if you used the switches FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (terminated by a comma, strings enclosed by double quotes) the problem- whatever it is- might go away.

In addition, you might want to (or maybe you have to) specify the field as a DATE field and supply a valid NLS_DATE_FORMAT mask. For example:

   timestamp DATE(19) "DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS"

If you do not supply a field width, SQL*Ldr will take if from the supplied mask.

Let us know if this helps, or if there is still a problem.

Henry